Supported living facilities can play an integral part in the recovery journey for some individuals with a mental health diagnosis. At Northern Healthcare, we work on the basis of a referral process, which is to be submitted by a health or social care professional. The referral stages are as followed:
- Initial Clinical Referral – The first stage of the process is a genuine referral request to be submitted to our team by a health or social care professional. The information will then be reviewed by a member of our team.
- Pre-Admission Assessment – These are completely free of charge and will be carried out by two experienced members of our clinical team. This will be an opportunity for us to meet the individual and gather more information from their current placement.
- Assessment Decision – Based on the information obtained through the assessment process, a decision can then be made as to whether a placement is offered.
- Assessment Report & Proposed Support Plan – A comprehensive pre-admission assessment report will be completed which will include a proposed support plan and placement costings.
- Funding & Admission – Confirmation of funding will then be required from the appropriate authority – Placements are usually funded through the CCG or local authority but can also be funded privately, through personal budgets or via independent case managers.