- Service Manager – Mental Health
- Full time – Permanent Role
- Immediate start dates for new units
- We are currently recruiting for the following locations – Hull (HU1) & Blackpool (FY4)
- Competitive Salary up to £42,000 per annum
Due to expansion we are looking for Service Unit Managers who deliver a service which is both economically viable whilst managing available resources effectively as well as engaging with and meeting the needs of tenants and staff. You will be an RMN (Registered Mental Health Nurse) or Occupational Therapist with experience in a similar setting.
As a Service Manager, your duties will include, but not limited to:
* Assessment and management of tenant care
* Management of care pathway
* Providing out of hours cover by operating the on-call service
* Knowledge, understanding and experience of CQC requirements and clinical governance
* Ensuring regular staff meetings are convened whilst maintaining an atmosphere where staff can contribute their views on practice and development in an open and constructive manner
* Ensuring the management and support of staff through supervision, appraisals and training in order to allow them to work effectively
* Ensuring staff are compliant with legal and CQC framework
* Identifying and pro-actively address any failure in performance by staff
* Key role in recruitment of staff
* Supervise and manage sickness and absence of employees
* Manage and oversee ongoing training internally and externally
* Ensuring incident management is complete to the highest standard
* Manage and govern overall health and safety, conduct audits and sustain business contingency plans. Building and grounds and manage maintenance
* Uphold maintenance of building through regular inspections and schedules maintenance and repairs as required-
* Ensure compliance with tenancy agreements
* Management of finances of the unit and individuals including petty cash, housing benefit, budget, financial returns, resident finance, procurement, expenses and wages sign off.
* Promote the aims and objectives of NH through liaison with statutory and voluntary agencies
* Develop and maintain good working relations with relevant agencies, keeping abreast of developments in local policy and services
* Develop local community links with a view to identifying opportunities for service enhancement and promoting a better understanding of mental health issues
* An ability to build a warm rapport with residents and their families
* Attend regular supervision with line manager
* Take part in training as required
* Actively review own performance and development needs to assist personal growth and the development of the service
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration.
To apply, click the link below and send your CV and Covering letter quoting the role location within the subject heading.
NVQ Level 5 in Health and Social Care is desirable but not essential for applicants.