Review our response and ensure appropriate measures are in place as the situation changes to enable the safe continuation of our services. In response to the recent COVID-19 pandemic Northern Healthcare has taken several steps to ensure the safe and effective continuation of vital services:
• Risk Management: Residents who are in the COVID-19 ‘higher risk’ category have been identified. Our teams are closely observing residents for respiratory symptoms including elevated temperatures and are fully aware of the protocol they should follow should they suspect a case.
• Safe Staffing: Measures have been implemented to ensure appropriate support levels to all residents are maintained and reviewed. This includes sourcing additional team members as required. We are currently looking at ways to consolidate the number of individual operational units. This will enable us to combine staff resource and minimise the impact of COVID-19 related absence.
• Compliance and Training: Updated business continuity plans have been circulated to relevant team members for implementation should the need arise.
• Hygiene: All staff are trained in infection control best practice. Additional training measures have been implemented and residents are partaking in additional personal hygiene sessions. Deep cleaning schedules have been implemented.
• Restricted Access: We have ceased all non-essential movement. As of today we are also suspending any non-essential visits to services.
• Head Office: Our head office has been temporarily closed. All staff have equipment to work remotely, and our central teams continue to support our services.
• Additional Support: Our teams are providing additional support for residents who may be concerned or affected at this time, additional 1-2-1 sessions are available across services. Residents are encouraged to speak to a member of the team if they are worried. Social inclusion continues to be an important aspect of care and we are encouraging residents to use remote devices to keep in touch with family and friends.
We are taking every possible step to prevent a case at one of our services, but we are also prepared should this happen. Our response follows real time government guidance and Public Health England advice and will continue to be updated as required.
We appreciate that the COVID-19 outbreak is going to have a significant impact on hospital provision across the country with resources being stretched to the limit. We have capacity available across our operational sites to support with any short-term placements for individuals who require discharge from hospital. If we can be of service please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published – 18/03/2020